ROCS Frequently Asked Questions
ROCS is certified to run on the following internet browsers:
- Internet Explorer in compatibility mode
Log in issues can happen for a variety of reasons:
- Invalid login or password.
- Both the member login and password are case sensitive. Verify both member login and password are entered correctly.
- If you remember your login name, click the "Forgot Password" link and a new password will be emailed to you.
- Contact your ROCS Administrator. The administrator will be able to either reset or provide you with the login information.
Please email Sandi@fpspi.org and let her know of the issue. Rest assured, whatever you were doing (creating a registration, running a report, updating a user) did complete. The issue is with ROCS email.
The first step is to create yourself as a coach.
- Click the words "New Coach."
- Select your Affiliate Program from the list of ROCS Affiliates.
- Enter your contact information.
- Click the save button.
- Click the menu item "Program Registrations."
- Click blue plus sign to create a new registration.
- Select your school district/school (If it is not there, you can add it by clicking on the Add button).
- Enter the number of teams/individuals you want to register. Note: If your students will be working in ROCS or viewing evaluations in ROCS, enter the number of teams/individuals in the Online column.
- When finished, click on the "Register" button.
The inability to type into ROCS occurs when a non-certified browser is used, or fpspirocs.org has not been set to run in compatibility mode.
Certified internet browsers for ROCS:
- Internet Explorer with compatibility mode turned on
When not running in compatibility mode, the editor will look like this:
The editor in ROCS should have a tool bar.
To search for a student enter as little or as much information as you want. To get the best results, coaches should enter a few characters in the first name box.
Special characters and/or punctuation should not be used in ROCS (team or document names). Contact the international office to correct such issues.
- If the student is unable to select a component (click on a radio button):
- Verify the student is active.
- If the student is active, inactivate the student account and recreate the student.
- Contact your Affiliate Director and let them know the competition has expired. (S)he will be able to correct this issue.
- Contact your Affiliate Director. The ROCS Administrator will need to revert the submission.
- Contact your Affiliate Director and let him/her know the submission is not available. The Affiliate ROCS Administrator will need to assign the topic for the student to begin work.
Contact your Affiliate Director. The ROCS Administrator will need to revert the submission.
Coaches have the ability to change student account information. There are two options available to coaches regarding student accounts:
- Retrieve all student account information by running the Coach Student Info Report.
- View and/or change student information by managing your students.
From the Coach Menu:
- Click on the Students menu item.
- Click on the pencil icon next to the name of the student you wish to review/edit.
- View/Update the student information. When finished, click on the "Update" button.
The report lists school, login, password, and student information including grade and competitions registered.
The report generated is in CSV (comma seperated values) format which is readable by many software applications.
As the evaluator is able to see there is a work to be evaluated, the most likely cause is the student uploaded their work and marked the document for "office use" only.
Note: Documents marked "Office Use" will only be visible to ROCS Administrators.
Contact your Affiliate Director for correction.